Thursday, September 9, 2010

... yes, I chose the easiest thing to do first.


So, before I could do anything, I had to drop by the grocery to buy some basic items like cream, chocolate, eggs, etc.  I also stopped by the bakeware section and realized that I don't know what many of these tools are called let alone how to use them... I did finally know what the different kinds of cream and eggs were though!  =X


Okay, so after realizing that I don't have the proper hardware at home to get any actual baking done (i.e. pastry bag nozzles and crepe pans), I decided to go with the two easiest things in the world to make - chocolat chaud and オムライス

 
Chopping up all of the chocolate is exhuasting... 4oz.

 
Heat up two cups of whole milk.

 
Stir until all of the chocolate is melted and it thickens/foams a bit.

Enjoy in a good mug.  =)

PS  The next time you're at a cafe and you see a $6 charge for a cup of REAL hot chocolate, don't complain... enough good chocolate to make this at retail price is around $3!

1 comment:

  1. I love hot chocolate, but i can only drink it if i buy instant hot chocolate from the grocery store :P

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think or even send me links to other recipes for these sweets!