Monday, September 20, 2010

Gotta buy some supplies.


Hardware Shopping List:
- Madeleine Pan *ordering*
- Offset Spatula *soon*
- bowl scraper *soon*
- Removable Bottom Round Tart Pan *wishful thinking*
- Creme Caramel Molds
- Jelly Roll Sheet Pan (borrowing?)
- Pastry Bag Tips (borrowing?)
- Flower Nail
- Thermometer

I think I'll alternate between the cream/custard desserts and the genoise desserts since too much of either will get old after a while.  =)

---------- EDIT ----------

I just went on a mini Amazon.com shopping spree:
- Madeleine Pan $14.99
- Cooking Thermometer (for chocolate/candy) $16.06
- Disposable Pastry Bags $7.26 - yes, I am too lazy to wash out a bag
- Pastry Bag Tip Set $33.49 - I AM SERIOUS ABOUT THIS PROJECT!
- 8 inch offset spatula $12.00 FREE with 4-for-3 promotion

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised at how much a thermometer costs! I made creampuffs today and will make the cream tommorow, they came out okay compared to the first time I made them (deflated).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you surprised because it costs so little or too much? I bought the kind where you can stick a probe in to the oven and view the temperature outside without opening the oven. I'll put up the page for the profiteroles later this week... I hope. I'm also planning on doing the genoise and madeleine recipes this week. I'm glad that your profiteroles came out great! I have yet to try them myself. Did you open the oven too early? That was why Ichigo's deflated. ;P

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think or even send me links to other recipes for these sweets!