Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Crepe Pan! Crepes!


My brand new Calphalon 10" crepe pan came in the mail Monday and I opened it up last night and made crepes this morning!  I will say that I didn't get a perfect crepe until around my fourth or fifth crepe but I did eventually get some amazingly thin and perfectly round crepes!  The perfect ones didn't make it in to the picture before making it in to my mouth though.  x_x


I will say that I have quite a few tips to add to the mille crepe recipe which I will attempt on Thursday after I purchase some Kirschwasser for the pastry creme.  Yes, I am making "adult" crepe cake here... my new crepe pan is my new love.  I wouldn't say that I'm totally all Kahoko Hino over a violin yet, but I'm getting there!  ;)

Here is the recipe for my practice crepes (makes 10-15):

2 large eggs
3/4 cups milk
1/2 cups water
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 tblspn melted butter
1 tspn vanilla extract
2.5 tblspn granulated sugar

Place all ingredients in a blender on high for 10 seconds and let settle in the fridge for an hour.  Lightly grease the non-stick pan with butter, then get to creping!  This recipe isn't the best but it's the easiest batter to prepare since I was looking more to practice crepe-cooking technique than actual batter quality and technique.  They tasted great with Nutella, whipped cream and chocolate syrup!

PS  I'm in love with anybody who figured out my La Corda d'Oro reference!  =P

3 comments:

  1. Hey, i hv a question. What if i cnt find any granulated sugar? Cn i use caster sugar instead??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard tht caster sugar and icing sugar is also called granulated sugar so which one should i use???

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL OMG I burst out laughing over the reference!! xD GO OTAKUS!! ^o^

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think or even send me links to other recipes for these sweets!