Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Beginning of a Journey

I am absolutely addicted to the show Yumeiro Patissiere!  It has inspired me to try to make some of the very delicious looking sweets from the show!

I was able to find several copies of the cookbook online!  I have yet to find a good English translation and am now working on translating an ingredient list so that I can attempt my first assignment as a student at the Academy... Mille Crepe!

Unlike the movie "Julie & Julia," I'm not going to set a deadline because I'm a busy student with no money.  I also found several other sites full of bloggers trying to attempt these same recipes... so I'm going to add a different twist - a culinary education!

Since the recipe book is in Japanese, doesn't include all of the recipes from the series, is written for the metric system, and is written for kids, I'm going to research each recipe (or the components of the show's creations), put a little history behind it beyond what the series provides, make an attempt, modify, and post the final recipe that I used including links to all of the recipes that I referenced up on this site!  

I'll reference other cookbooks for basics just as Ichigo-chan has to learn the properties of sugar and eggs as well as the definitions for some basic French cooking terms!

... this will be my attempt and I hope that somebody out there enjoys it so much that they'll offer to join in and tackle some of these entries for me!

2 comments:

  1. http://puddingfair.pinkmimi.net/tag/yumeiro-patissiere/ (Includes Mont Blanc, Custard Pudding, 2 coloured fruit puree, madeliene, and Chocolate cookies)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Meigan! FYI, in my original pudding post back in October, I actually had already had pinkmimi's pages posted and credited! ;)

    http://yumeiropatissieresweets.blogspot.com/2010/09/pudding.html

    While I haven't posted on this blog for quite some while because of my load with school an work, I have been an avid follower of pinkmimi's (cookie dough's) work for quite some time now. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think or even send me links to other recipes for these sweets!