Friday, September 17, 2010

Layered Cakes... Gotta Love Them! ;)

So, while I was researching choux creme and baumkuchen, I found this squirrel in Japan who just LOVES baumkuchen!  I seriously watched about fifteen or so of his videos and then finally just subscribed to the channel!  So cute!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyQrVPWzWLU

Anyways, I've put up a recipe for baumkuchen and completed my mille crepe today!  I don't know what it is about the Japanese and thinly layered cakes but the pairing is definitely starting to grow on me too!  Baumkuchen and mille crepes cake look so good!

I think that instead of choux creme next week, I'll go for a genoise cake spree followed by all the recipes that can be made with similar genoise batters - madelines, roll cakes like the brother's macha roll and buche de noel, and possibly sachetorte!

By the way, if anybody plays the Facebook Game "Restaurant City," this week they've released a coffee bar that you can unlock that also serves all kinds of French Pastries!  ^_^


Due to personal request, I've made each of the official cookbook thumbnails click-through to enlarged images. Remember, you can always just download the whole book for yourself from Cookie Dough.

4 comments:

  1. : O Your gonna need a special pan to make madelines! This is a good blog, it's updated frequently

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm putting a lot of time and effort in to this. My goal is to finish cooking my way through the series before I get in to a law school next fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw... I USED to play Restaurant City... Too bad... I wonder what kind of pastries they have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll make a post and let you know as soon as they're released. I JUST (5 min ago) unlocked my coffee/pastry bar!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think or even send me links to other recipes for these sweets!