Friday, September 3, 2010

Finding my teachers



Nobody learns much without a teacher to guide them and materials to study.  Like Ichigo, I have no particular talents but I do love to eat sweets!  My cooking experience goes no further than instant ramen and boxed-powder cakes and I'll need to bone up on my reading and practice to become good at anything.  

I've decided that I shall follow the recipes from the official cookbook when available, research variations and techniques for every single recipe and learn the basics of each ingredient used.  Julia Child's The Art of French Cooking will be my culinary guide!  In terms of actually in the kitchen... I have yet to approach my uncle to be my mentor on this one.  

I was also able to find this incredible person who uploaded a translation for the first third of the official cookbook for the show and will be using her versions as available since I'd rather spend my time prepping and cooking than translating with only my measly four quarters of Japanese study to defend me.

... now, if only I had Ichigo's impeccable palate!

2 comments:

  1. Did you find out how to make the Sourire de l'Ange? I've been trying to look for the recipe but i cant find it. Do you know the recipe? And how do you get the recipe book cause I've also been looking for it too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think or even send me links to other recipes for these sweets!