Friday, September 10, 2010

... well, that was fun. I actually cooked a savory! Omurice!

I made my family dinner tonight... オムライス!!!

  
Figure out a workspace and layout your ingredients/equipment.

Cook your rice with less water.

 
Take your chicken and chop it by the half inch.

  
Cut a garlic clove in half, remove the sprout, and cut in to fine cubes.

  
Take your mushrooms and cut off the stems. Then slice by the half centimeter.

 
Place frozen peas in hot water to remove scent, then season with salt.

  
Coat pan with olive oil, sautee garlic until aromatic, add onions and cook until transluscent.

  
Add mushrooms and wine until all is oil-coated. Add tomatoes, peas, bouillon and bay leave. Remove bay leafe. Add rice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

  
Take eggs, add cream, add salt, add pepper, beat it.

  
Make your omelette, add your filling, turn up the edges, invert on to serving plate.

Enjoy!

I made four individual plate-sized omelettes and the main costs were $2.49 for mushrooms, $2.69 for the canned tomatoes, $3.18 for a pound of chicken, and then the cost of 10 eggs. (2 eggs were because I screwed up on the first try.)  The rest of the ingredients were either already in my parents fridge or I used a negligible amount to where I wouldn't want to mention the whole price of the product. (i.e. white wine and olive oil)

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. I'll hold onto this and mybe one day I can make it for my own family.
    [I really am grateful for this website. I am absolutely clueless at searching for things and this website is so resourceful and helpful!! :') THANK YOU SO MUCH!!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was thinking if fried rice is better, but i try to use it
    it is more delicious with that sauce. This website is really helpful! thank you so much !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i find how to make madeleines
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXmXnXhyzH4

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think or even send me links to other recipes for these sweets!