Saturday, September 11, 2010

Getting the Gear

I realized that my kitchen is poorly equipped for any kind of pastry making and that at the very least, I need a good pan and some reliable knives.  I've ordered this crepe pan that can also be used for a lot of other things as well.  I went ahead and also ordered a crepe batter spreader.  I hope that when they arrive on Tuesday, that I'll become a crepe-making machine since I'm sick of having frozen waffles and instant-batter pancakes every morning with eggs... I need some variety.

As for the knives, pastry bag nozzles and madeleine pan... I've decided to hold off for now since I don't have any money and a decent knife is well beyond my means.  My uncle has agreed to let me borrow a few things and I hope that I can work off of those for now.  Besides, I'm going to need my money for groceries because things like couverture are expensive and the expense of eggs and flour does add up over time.  I never knew how much food ingredients cost!

1 comment:

  1. A chef is only as good as their work tools X)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think or even send me links to other recipes for these sweets!